ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › OtherMathematics › Statistics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/06/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
The Department of Landscape, Spatial and Infrastructure Sciences, Institute of Statistics at BOKU University is currently seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate.
Tasks and focus areas:
- teaching statistics for bachelor, master and doctoral programs
- support e-learning activities
- research in the field of statistics with a focus on high-dimensional data
- interdisciplinary cooperations for statistical analysis of data from earth and life sciences
- completed doctorate in a relevant field
- degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science or similar
- excellent programming skills in R
- teaching experience in the field of statistics
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- knowledge in programming
- word processing in LaTeX
- good written and spoken English knowledge
- ability to work in a team and independence
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1 lit. b, € 1.944,80
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
Please send your job application to the Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, 1190 Vienna, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Reference code: 90)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 523283
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.