RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/08/2020 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Leuven
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK38
You will perform doctoral research on the effects of a recently developed oral health assessment instrument which aims to improve oral health care for care-dependent frail elderly. In addition, you will cooperate in developing an international research network in order to broaden the research regarding this instrument and also in incorporating the instrument internationally.
We offer a full time employment for a period of 4 years, starting immediately and with an evaluation after 6 months. The research needs to result in a doctoral thesis. Our dynamic, multidisciplinary and professional team will support you in your research and with obtaining your doctoral degree.
- You are a dentist or you have a master degree in the Humanities of Social Sciences or Biomedical Sciences.
- You graduated cum laude. Please provide a transcript of records or grade list.
- You have a excellent knowledge of Dutch and a good knowledge of English (both spoken and written).
- You are experienced in scientific literature research.
- You have a scientific and smooth writing style. Please provide published articles if applicable.
- You are familiar with the basics of statistics. Knowledge of statistical analyses in SPSS is a prerequisite. Experience with multi-level analyses, longitudinal analyses and missing data analyses is an important plus.
- You are willing to become proficient in quantitative (for example the development of questionnaires) as well as in qualitative (f.e. focusgroup conversations) research methods.
- You can transfer knowledge in a clear and pleasant way. A specific diploma for teaching (f.e. Specifieke Lerarenopleiding or SLO) is a plus.
- You have an inquisitive personality and are fascinated by the research theme.
- You are enthusiastic, a go-getter, and you easily come into contact with people.
- You have analytical talent and know how to bring structure in a multitude of information.
- You are a constructive team player, open to multidisciplinary feedback.
- You are an independent worker, you possess a sense of responsibility and you are well-organized, so short deadlines pose no problem.
- You are willing to travel for the research.
Vul contactpersonen aan in stap 1 "Context vacature" en hergenereer deze tekst.
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 537835
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.