ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat de Barcelona
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/10/2020 00:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The candidate will be involved in a FET Proactive project where microfluidic technologies will be used to mimic bio-inspired conditions for controlled drug delivery studies. The candidate will develop microfluidic devices and 3D printed models to control the positioning and delivery of drugs in them. Accordingly, the candidate will need to:
- Design and fabricate microfluidic devices and 3D models
- Design and prepare polymeric capsules encapsulating drugs
- Characterize the capsules generated with a wide range of spectroscopy and microscopy techniques, and other physicochemical tools
- Publication of results in scientific journals and presentation of results at international conferences
We offer a challenging position in an institution consistently ranked as the first academic institution in Spain and among one of the top universities in the world, with outstanding infrastructure and an interdisciplinary surrounding. The position is available upon agreement.
FBG project number
MAgnetically steerable wireless Nanodevices for the tarGeted delivery of therapeutIc agents in any vascular rEgion of the body
Dr. Josep Puigmartí
Ciencia de Materials i Química Física
Gross salary per year
Please send your application including: CV and a motivation letter. In the motivation letter, please indicate your personal motivation to get this position and your reseach interests.
Priority will be given to people with disabilities (Law 89/2015 of June 2, reserve of quota 2% in favour of people with disabilities in companies of 50 or more people).
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
· Skills and expertise in microfabrication, 3D CAD drawing and assembly of devices
· Knowledge in microfluidic technologies and 3D printing
· Experience in supramolecular chemistry and soft materials
· Knowledge in building and programming robotic devices
· Experience with the treatment of datasets produced with automated platforms
· Good knowledge of English
EURAXESS offer ID: 569180
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.