Get ready for your stay
Did you find an opportunity in France? Let's see how to best prepare your stay!
Follow our check-list explaining the first steps before and shortly after your arrival to France.
EURAXESS France centres provide free and personalised local assistance to researchers settling in France, as well as to their families. They work in conjunction with the administrative services of your host city to facilitate your procedures.
- Register on the EURAXESS France database as soon as you know your location in France through the Alfred Kastler Acc&ss Fnak National Foundation portal. Click here to access the portal: https://www.fnak.fr/en/register/
- Get in touch with the nearest EURAXESS centre to your future location, many of them provide a similar registration system on their website.
Make sure you have all your documents ready. It might be more difficult to get them once you arrive to France.
- For researchers, the most important document is your host institution's hosting agreement. Consult the entry and visas section for more information.
- Collect other essential documents for your stay: diplomas, birth certificate, marriage certificate, vaccination booklet, children's school records, driving licence, etc.
- It is highly recommended to find accommodation, even temporary, before your arrival to France.
- Consult the accommodation section which offers you a housing guide.
- Your nearest EURAXESS centre can provide practical advice to help you find accommodation, as they know the best the possibilities or particular offers for researchers in the city or region you are going to.
- During your stay in France, you must have health coverage adapted to your status: scholarship holder, student or employee.
- Consult the social security section and ask your EURAXESS centre for information on the formalities to be completed before your departure, depending on your situation.
- Upon your arrival in France, you must first validate or apply for your residence permit and, if applicable, those of your spouse or children. Consult our dedicated page "Entry conditions/visas" to learn the procedure to follow according to your situation.
- Contact your nearest EURAXESS center at your place of residence for any residence permit procedure in your area.