ORGANISATION/COMPANYVŠB - Technical University of Ostrava
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electronic engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/11/2020 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Ostrava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK32
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2021
Dean of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science,
VŠB - Technical University of Ostrava is searching for suitable candidates for senior research position.
VŠB - Technical University of Ostrava is an institution of higher education offering education in technical and economic sciences based on free and internationally oriented research. It is an integral part of the higher education structure in the Czech Republic providing for the highest level of education in the area of its specialization. VŠB-TUO has the right of conferring academic and scientific degrees, as well as doctoral honorary degrees. The scientific and teaching staff collaborates with research and academic institutions and specialists at both national and international levels.
VŠB-TUO ranks among the top technical universities in the Czech Republic. Its research & technology development potential represents an important component of the innovative process in the region and throughout the entire Czech Republic. The latest results of its R&D activities confirm the strength of the human and research potential that the University has at its disposal.
Currently we offer one senior research position on the following one topic, supported by the EU Operational Program Research, Development and Education and the Czech state budget:
Job position: Participation in the mobility Nr.2 - Work-stays of Senior Researchers from Abroad in the Czech Republic
Location: VŠB - Technical University of Ostrava, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Expected date of the mobility: March 2021 – August 2021
Workload: 80 %
Field of research: Microelectronics and advanced manufacturing technologies
Detailed description of the research:
These are the links between knowledge domains Advanced machinery/technology for a strong globally competitive industry (NIP I. – Engineering, energy and metals) specifically in the fields of Microelectronics and Advanced Production Technologies, all usable in the renewable and alternative sources segment.
The focus of research will be in particular on the use of RES systems in accordance with the principles of the circular economy and sustainable development. Special consideration will be given to the application of results in Europe and Asia.
Basic information about the researcher´s work:
· Participate in the preparation of international project proposals (criterion number of projects submitted so far in which it has participated)
· Actively engage with other foreign workplaces
· Cooperation to implement workplace tests
· Successful publication activity (number of publications criterion)
· Ability to cooperate in the organisation of international events (criterion number of events he has participated in so far)
• The number and quality of publication outputs
• The way and scope of involvement in the research projects
• Language skills of the candidate for mobility
• Contribution of candidate´s mobility to the institution of the VSB
• Expected results of the mobility and their future use for the institution of the VSB
• Potential of the mobility to increase the quality of research at the institution of the VSB
Conditions of the mobility.
• The researcher must actively participate in a conference / seminar / workshop etc., organised by the institutions of the Beneficiary, on average at least once every 6 months of mobility started.
• Any potential research output conceived during mobility performance must be published in an Open Access form.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electronic engineering
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
• The candidate must be a researcher from abroad who has worked for at least 2 years over the period of the last 3 years in an organisation/organisations outside the Czech Republic in the field of research, with working time at least 0.5 FTE. Czech citizens are not excluded.
• The candidate must be a Senior Researcher1.
• The candidate must meet the following performance criteria of a Senior Researcher:
- H-index – minimum value of 8.5 according to the conversion of the normalisation table given in Annex No. 1 “Manual for the Calculation of the Normalised H-index”. The Web of Science or Scopus is a source for the conversion of the h-index value. Researchers working in the field of social and humanistic sciences do not submit h-index value,
- A contribution in at least one international grant or national grant over the last 5 years as a solver or co-solver,
- Publication activity – in last 5 years, at least 3 publication outputs2.
• Good knowledge of Czech or English language
 Senior Researcher
A Senior Researcher is a researcher who was awarded a Ph.D. degree or similar (equivalent to Level 8 according to ISCED) 7 and more years before the date of submission of the grant application.
 Publication Outputs
An expert publication registered in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time, publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.
Documents required from the candidate:
- Professional CV with a reference to publication activity
- Diploma (or recognition)
- A certificate proving level of knowledge of English language
- List of scientific or professional publication and other documents certifying scientific qualification
- Research plan with respect to the required field of research
- Document(s) proving activities outside the Czech Republic for 2 years over the course of the last 3 years and/or documents regarding Ph.D. studies. (can be submitted in the professional CV)
- Calculation of the normalised h-index, if relevant (signed by the researcher)
EURAXESS offer ID: 569173
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.