ORGANISATION/COMPANYJohannes Kepler University Linz
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › InformaticsComputer science › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/02/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Linz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The world is changing at an ever-faster pace. At the Johannes Kepler University Linz, we work on technologies and the ideas of tomorrow on a daily basis. At the same time, we educate over 21,000 young people to meet the demands of today’s job market. In short, we are Upper Austria’s largest institution for education and research. Are you interested in being a part of shaping the future of Austria’s most attractive campus university? We currently have an immediate job opening for a:
Graduate Teaching Assistant (must hold a Diploma/Master`s degree) for a full-time, four-year position at the Institute of Business Informatics – Information Engineering
Job Reference Number: 4410
- Assistance in research as well as actively take part in the institute’s joint research projects in the field of digitalization, in particular digitalization opportunities of digitalization, ambidexterity of information systems (bimodal IT), digital transformation of companies and organizations related to agile approaches, models and concepts of digitalization and agility
- Actively teach university-level courses (in German and English)
- Provide support to manage the institute’s general administration activities
- Opportunity to complete a dissertation is given
- The successful candidate must hold a Diploma/Master’s degree in business informatics (respectively information systems), computer science or business administration or hold comparable qualifications
- Interest in research topics related to digitalization as well as models and concepts of digitalization and agility, particularly identifying opportunities related to ambidexterity (bimodal IT)
- Strong command of German and English (German level C2, English level C1)
- Experience in working on high-level research projects and/or relevant business experience is preferable
- Strong social skills and personal commitment are prerequisites
What We Offer:
- On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is € 2,929.00 gross per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1)
- Stable employer
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- Attractive continual educational opportunities
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure
- Dynamic research environment
- Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food at the cafeteria)
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- …and much more
Application Deadline: February 03, 2021.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online portal jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz. Please include “Job Reference Number 4410“ in your application.
If you have questions, please contact: Univ. Prof. Dr. Barbara Krumay, P +43 732 2468 4301, E‑mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EURAXESS offer ID: 594911
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.